Saturday, February 15, 2014

Great Art Works Runs in My Family

Growing up I will always remember seeing my moms doing a great work of art. She made it look so easy. Her paintings and sculptures and other creative pieces have always been cherished by many. During one of my recent visits to her house I couldn't help but take a few pics of her paintings with iPhone 5 to share with the world in hopes of helping her to get some new customers. These pics are of paintings that are being worked on as we speak so they are not finished yet but I feel they are fantastic even in the state they are in now. When I shared them with people on my facebook they loved them so much also and didn't know the paintings weren't finished yet.

One of her paintings that touch me the most is the one she calls "Sisters" which is of two African girls. She's currently finishing up with two of the sister pieces which she plans to give to my sister Nicole and my cousin Twyla who grew up like "Sisters" because they were so close. As I look around I know of so many Sisters who grew up like Sisters although by blood they may not be sisters. It touch me so much that my mother is taking the time to make these paintings for her daughter and niece and calls it "Sisters" because in many ways they are more like Sisters than cousins.

If anyone desires to have one of these paintings reach out to me and I will make it happen for you.

Another painting she did is of the Watutsi Tribe in Africa. It's so powerful! The colors! Their facial expressions. There so much that can be said about this painting. If you would like one let me know.

I hope to have an art show for my mother one day and I've been talking to my family about helping me plan it for her so that everyone can come out see her great works on display and for sale. And to meet such a greatly gifted woman who's heart is full of creativity and love.

If you would like to be added to the guest list for the future art show for Georgette Allen just email me at keithcraigallen@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment